Monday, March 25, 2013

The First Ten Months - Exterior

And what, you might wonder, does an overambitious, type A single woman decide to do first? Something nice and safe and tame like painting a room? or knocking down all the cobwebs?  NAAAHHHH. Let's make a list of "shit I feel like doing to the house".....

1.) New Roof - I don't know why, but I've always seen this house as a Mediterranean beauty with a large front courtyard and a water-wise California front garden.
After ripping Two different roofs off.....
 
New Tile Roof? Hells Yes.










Now we're getting somewhere.....


2.) New Exterior Paint - Peachy beige is not working for me. Maybe something is a bright cream color?






I live in this room more than the living room...









3.) A big, livable front courtyard with raised beds.......

 4.) Start getting rid of that water-sucking green lawn (I live in an irrigated desert, ya know). Alright, I admittedly only got half done before I burned out (and nearly threw out my back shoveling out lawn and shoveling in DG.






 One side of lawn out out, One side of garden bliss in...







And now, for my next act..... the biohazard suit - worthy interior........

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kat,
    This is Vicky's youngest daughter, Beth. I couldn't help but comment on your UNELIEVABLE home transformation! I'm not sure where you're hiding your crew of 20+ laborers...nah! I've heard tales of the over-ambitions Kat and I'm not nearly as surprised as I am impressed. Well done! I bookmarked your blog so keep those updates coming.
    Take Care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Beth!!

      Great to hear from you! Are you back stateside or still skipping around the globe? Congrats on the wedding (and traveling)! Pam forwarded me some of your traveling photos and I am officially Jealous. Cheers!

      Delete